Soothsayer is seeking an intern who has an interest in solving challenging big data problems. The Data Science team works on a variety of exciting analytics (ML, AI) projects.
Job Responsibilities :
- Solve cutting edge, challenging problems working alongside a great team of world class data scientists and analytics experts
- Having a passion for solving interesting and challenging big data problems
- Communicate results to scientific, business, and stakeholders
- Mine data to prototype models for targeting and personalization
- Collaborate with other engineers, data scientists
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in computer science, applied mathematics, or other quantitative/ computational discipline
- 0-3 months of experience across one or more of the following disciplines: analytics, data warehousing, software engineering
- 0-3 months experience with open source machine learning tools built in Python or R
- 0-3 months experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Data engineering experience, including SQL and manipulating large structured or unstructured datasets for analysis
- Knowledge on implementing machine learning algorithms and models
- Excellent data presentation skills
Key Skills :
Internship Outcomes :
During the course of the internship, the intern will learn such techniques as data pre-processing, data visualisation and machine learning model building. The students will familiarise themselves with regression, classification techniques, etc.
How this internship will be to the benefit of the student as a purely educational experience?
The internship will give the student an opportunity to work alongside data scientists and work with them on challenging research as well as real-life business problems. To solve these problems, it is expected that the student be educated on cutting edge data science techniques.
How the student will be supervised/mentored as well as career-related learning goals?
Student’s work will be supervised in daily & weekly meetings. He/She will be given appropriate feedback regularly. The work assigned to them will be a real world problem. This will give them a good appreciation of what the career of a data scientist entails.
Work will be performed from our office in Livonia, MI (no remote work allowed)Soothsayer Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and e-Verify Company.
About Soothsayer Analytics:
- Soothsayer Analytics is a Data Science company based out of Livonia, MI and offices in Columbus, OH and offshore in Hyderabad India. Advanced Analytics firm focused on Pattern Recognition and Unstructured Data.
- Our team actively works with, creates, and researches cutting edge Data Science techniques. We approach each problem individually and architect custom solutions.
- Our strength lies in our ability to build and productize proprietary algorithms and analytical tools.
- Advised by 10 industry experts whose domain knowledge we leverage to better architect industry specific solutions.
- Our delivery partners include 20+ Data Scientists with a combined 75 Patents and 300+ Publications.
- We collaborate with this brain trust to keep us abreast of state-of-the-art techniques and to help deliver world-class results. We utilize cutting edge Machine Learning and Statistical Techniques to extract Hidden Insights and Patterns from Complex, High Dimensional, and Unstructured Data.
- Our major clients include: DOW Chemicals, Ford, Visteon, D&B, Timken, US steels, Steelcase, Abercrombie, Express, Stanley Steemer, Whirlpool, AEP, NiSource, GEA, etc.
- Soothsayer Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and e-Verify Company.