Soothsayer is seeking Data Scientist who has an interest in solving challenging ML/ AI problems. The Data Science team works on a variety of exciting analytics (ML, AI) projects.
- Solve cutting edge, challenging problems working alongside a great team of world class data scientists and analytics experts
- Having a passion for solving interesting and challenging big data problems
- Communicate results to scientific, business, and stakeholders
- Mine data to prototype models for targeting and personalizatio
- Collaborate with other engineers, data scientists
Python, Spark, Spark Mlib, SQL, insurance
Education & Experience
- Masters or Ph.D. in computer science, Physics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or other quantitative/ Computational discipline.
- 2+ years hands-on industry work experience designing and building large-scale data, machine learning, and analytics applications and pipelines. Proficiency with Spark, Hadoop, Hive, and SQL
- 2+ years of INDUSTRY experience in analytics or ML or data science field.
- 2+ years of INDUSTRY experience with Python data analysis libraries (pandas, sklearn, numpy, scipy, and matplotlib), and Spark MLlib. Dimensionality reduction techniques such as PCA, SVD, embeddings etc.
- 2+ years of INDUSTRY experience with Data engineering experience, including SQL and manipulating large structured or unstructured datasets for analysis Strong hands-on experience in implementing machine learning algorithms and models Excellent data presentation skills
- Experience working with GIT and shared codebases
- Prior work experience in the insurance
- Prior experience in building Deep Learning models using Keras, TensorFlow etc.
- Ph.D. or Masters degree + 2 years of industry experience OR Bachelors degree + 5 years of industry experience
- 2 years of hands-on industry experience in Data Science/ ML
- 2 years of hands-on industry experience in python
- 1 year of hands-on industry experience in Spark MLlib
- 1 year of hands-on industry experience in SQL
- Industry experience with large structured and unstructured datasets
- Experience in building Deep Learning models using Keras, TensorFlow is a big plus
- Insurance experience is a big plus
Good to have
Must to have
Soothsayer Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and e-Verify Company.
- Soothsayer Analytics is a Data Science company based out of Livonia, MI and offices in Columbus, OH and offshore in Hyderabad India. Advanced Analytics firm focused on Pattern Recognition and Unstructured Data.
- Our team actively works with, creates, and researches cutting edge Data Science techniques. We approach each problem individually and architect custom solutions.
- Our strength lies in our ability to build and productize proprietary algorithms and analytical tools.
- Advised by 10 industry experts whose domain knowledge we leverage to better architect industry specific solutions.
- Our delivery partners include 20+ Data Scientists with a combined 75 Patents and 300+ Publications.
- We collaborate with this brain trust to keep us abreast of state-of-the-art techniques and to help deliver world-class results. We utilize cutting edge Machine Learning and Statistical Techniques to extract Hidden Insights and Patterns from Complex, High Dimensional, and Unstructured Data.
- Our major clients include: DOW Chemicals, Ford, Visteon, D&B, Timken, US steels, Steelcase, Abercrombie, Express, Stanley Steemer, Whirlpool, AEP, NiSource, GEA, etc.
- Soothsayer Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and e-Verify Company.