Computer Systems Analyst
Working Hours : Full Time
Locations : Livonia , Michigan
- 5 years of experience across one or more of the following disciplines: analytics, data warehousing, software engineering
- 5 years experience with open source machine learning tools built in Python or R
- 5 years experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Data engineering experience, including SQL and manipulating large structured or unstructured datasets for analysis
- Preferred experience with MapReduce/Hadoop and related technologies (e.g., Pig, Hive, Cascading). Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and Elastic MapReduce a plus
- Experience hands on experience with implementing machine learning algorithms and models
- NLP experience is a plus
- Proficiency in methods, including: frequency analysis, correlation analysis, t-tests, ANOVA, Chi-Square tests, regression, linear models, mathematical modeling and spatial analytics.
- Proficiency in Statistical concepts including: hypothesis testing, significance (p-values), variance, independence, normalizing data, residual error, model fit and transformations.
- Proficiency in programming with R statistical software language; preferably with ggplot, Rgooglemaps, ggmap, shiny or similar.
- Experience in programming with SQL
- Strong Microsoft Office products skills, especially Excel and Access; PowerPoint desirable.
- Demonstrate a good level of creativity in design of solutions.
- Ability to review and suggest new and enhanced modeling methodologies to meet future business requirements.
- Motivated to learn new mathematical skills and techniques.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to work in a team environment, share knowledge and help facilitate the sharing of knowledge between peers.
- Ability and desire to understand the business domain and engage with non-technical staff.
- Able to present material in both a technical and non-technical fashion as appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to communicate with others within the department and company in both written and oral format.
R, python, Hadoop, Bigdata, NLP, hive, SQL
Education & Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Information Technology or foreign degree equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Soothsayer Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and e-Verify Company.
- Soothsayer Analytics is a Data Science company based out of Livonia, MI and offices in Columbus, OH and offshore in Hyderabad India. Advanced Analytics firm focused on Pattern Recognition and Unstructured Data.
- Our team actively works with, creates, and researches cutting edge Data Science techniques. We approach each problem individually and architect custom solutions.
- Our strength lies in our ability to build and productize proprietary algorithms and analytical tools.
- Advised by 10 industry experts whose domain knowledge we leverage to better architect industry specific solutions.
- Our delivery partners include 20+ Data Scientists with a combined 75 Patents and 300+ Publications.
- We collaborate with this brain trust to keep us abreast of state-of-the-art techniques and to help deliver world-class results. We utilize cutting edge Machine Learning and Statistical Techniques to extract Hidden Insights and Patterns from Complex, High Dimensional, and Unstructured Data.
- Our major clients include: DOW Chemicals, Ford, Visteon, D&B, Timken, US steels, Steelcase, Abercrombie, Express, Stanley Steemer, Whirlpool, AEP, NiSource, GEA, etc.
- Soothsayer Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and e-Verify Company.