Responsibilities Proposal Writer
- work with team members to help respond/ creation of Statement of Work (SOWs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and manage the proposal development process to ensure on-time delivery of compelling, compliant, and well-written proposals.
- Exhibit strong writing skills, excellent attention to detail, thrive in a fast-past environment, be able to track multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Self-starter, multitask-er who works well under pressure, and follows through on tasks.
- Maintain, augment, and improve the library of reusable components, templates, and processes to reduce response time and improve quality on future proposals.
- Assist with management of proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Assist with developing & preparing proposals by assembling information including project nature, objectives/value proposition/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposals with key team members and project managers as required.
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Direct proposal kickoff and debrief meetings, for hand-off to project managers.
- Follow up on unsuccessful proposals to develop recommendations for improving the success rate.
- Coordinate delivery of the document to ensure submission deadlines are met
- Develop materials/ contents for websites, case studies, technical documentation, speaking engagements, workshops, Social media posts, and/or webinars
- Study solutions and talk with the solution implementation team to create content for the solution
- Incorporate animation, graphs, illustrations, or photographs to increase users’ understanding of the material
- Select appropriate media, such as manuals or videos, for message or audience
- Create digital operating instructions, how-to manuals, assembly instructions, and frequently asked questions
Word, Powerpoint, Exel, Data Science
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years of experience in technical writing
- 5+ years of experience in proposal writing
- Experience writing proposals and/or knowledge of Data Science (AI, ML) is a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Extensive experience reading and analyzing RFP requirements; ability to effectively identify and develop proposal
- Proven experience working independently to produce draft materials under tight deadlines
- Capable of setting and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work well in both independent and highly collaborative settings
- Ability to manage multiple writing projects concurrently
- Must be adept at independent research to support written deliverables
Soothsayer Analytics is a Data Science company based out of Livonia, MI and offices in Columbus, OH and offshore in Hyderabad India. Advanced Analytics firm focused on Pattern Recognition and Unstructured Data. Our team actively works with, creates, and researches cutting edge Data Science techniques. We approach each problem individually and architect custom solutions. Our strength lies in our ability to build and productize proprietary algorithms and analytical tools. Advised by 10 industry experts whose domain knowledge we leverage to better architect industry specific solutions. Our delivery partners include 20+ Data Scientists with a combined 75 Patents and 300+ Publications. We collaborate with this brain trust to keep us abreast of state-of-the-art techniques and to help deliver world-class results. We utilize cutting edge Machine Learning and Statistical Techniques to extract Hidden Insights and Patterns from Complex, High Dimensional, and Unstructured Data. Our major clients include: DOW Chemicals, Ford, Visteon, D&B, Timken, US steels, Steelcase, Abercrombie, Express, Stanley Steemer, Whirlpool, AEP, NiSource, GEA, etc.
Soothsayer Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and e-Verify Company.