Location: Soothsayer\'s office in Livonia, MI or Columbus, OH
- 5 years of experience across one or more of the following disciplines: analytics, data warehousing, software engineering
- 5 years experience with open source machine learning tools built in Python or R
- 5 years experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Data engineering experience, including SQL and manipulating large structured or unstructured datasets for analysis
- Preferred experience with MapReduce/Hadoop and related technologies (e.g., Pig, Hive, Cascading). Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and Elastic MapReduce a plus
- Experience hands on experience with implementing machine learning algorithms and models
- NLP experience is a plus
- Proficiency in methods, including: frequency analysis, correlation analysis, t-tests, ANOVA, Chi-Square tests, regression, linear models, mathematical modeling and spatial analytics.
- Proficiency in Statistical concepts including: hypothesis testing, significance (p-values), variance, independence, normalizing data, residual error, model fit and transformations.
- Proficiency in programming with R statistical software language; preferably with ggplot, Rgooglemaps, ggmap, shiny or similar.
- Experience in programming with SQL
- Strong Microsoft Office products skills, especially Excel and Access; PowerPoint desirable.
- Demonstrate a good level of creativity in design of solutions.
- Ability to review and suggest new and enhanced modeling methodologies to meet future business requirements.
- Motivated to learn new mathematical skills and techniques.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to work in a team environment, share knowledge and help facilitate the sharing of knowledge between peers.
- Ability and desire to understand the business domain and engage with non-technical staff.
- Able to present material in both a technical and non-technical fashion as appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to communicate with others within the department and company in both written and oral format.
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Mechanical, Industrial engineering degree or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Soothsayer Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and e-Verify Company.